- Church Plants: We have a couple of new church plants that are starting up in and around the Twin Cities. One is a Kenyan group meeting in Champlin. They will be having their grand opening the last Sabbath of September. There is another congregation talking of starting a church plant south of the Twin Cities as well. More details will come as plans progress, but both of these plants are from a desire to get churches in more areas to share Jesus in their communities.
- Evangelism: We are excited about Shawn Boonstra coming in to do a major Twin Cities evangelistic series in 2015. In preparation for this we already have seven major lay training programs scheduled to take place beforehand. We have also hired Karen Lewis to facilitate Bible Study Training around the Twin Cities. Each of our metro churches is going to hold an effort before Shawn’s meetings to feed interest into his. Please start praying now for these meetings.
- Maplewood Academy: Last year we started with 107 students and we had 31 graduates at the end of the year. We only had 11 eighth-graders graduating across our Conference that didn’t have a local K-10 school to go to. We were concerned about our enrollment at Maplewood. The good news is Maplewood started with 109 students this year, which is even better than we had last year. I praise God for what He is doing at Maplewood Academy. Please keep our young people and our staff on your prayer list.
- Elementary Schools: Great news. We reopened a school in Thief River Falls. They haven’t had a school operating there for many years, and they are off to a great start. We have had a 24% increase in our elementary schools across the Conference this year. This is unheard of today; so again, we praise God. Seventh-day Adventist education is alive and well in Minnesota.
- North Star Camp: We rejoice that over 400 campers attended our 2013 summer camp, and 125 young people asked to be baptized. In regard to the renovation/building project, we are continuing with Phase II, and the Lord has steadily provided the money in advance to move forward.
- Tithe: One other piece of good news I want to share is in regard to our tithe results through August. The report shows a 4.57% increase so far compared to this time last year. The Lord is greatly blessing!
So often we hear bad news and everything seems negative, but Brothers and Sisters, God is blessing and we give Him the credit and praise for the great things He is doing. Thank you for your faithfulness and your prayers.
By Ed Barnett, President
e-TNL is an informational bulletin issued by the Communications Department of the Minnesota Conference of Seventh-day Adventists. You are free to re-print any portion of the bulletin without need for special permission. However, we kindly request that you identify e-TNL whenever you publish these materials